Monday, 19 October 2015

Over The Weather


Well,  I do love this poem. A lot.

What if instead of being 'under the weather' we could just get 'over the weather'?

(Thanks to the lovely Calm Things )



Over the Weather - Naomi Shihab Nye,

We forget about the spaciousness
above the clouds

but it's up there.The sun's up there too.

When words we hear don't fit the day,
when we worry
what we did or didn't do,
what if we close our eyes,
say any word we love
that makes us feel calm,
slip it into the atmosphere
and rise?

Creamy miles of quiet.
Giant swoop of blue.

1 comment:

  1. I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it
    touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting.
    Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!