Tuesday 30 April 2013

Day 282: Bubbles

 

Well today is the last day of #NaPoWriMo, the National Poetry Writing Month and I'm glad to say I have 30 poems under my belt and loved every minute of it. Or, another way to put it - I've been surrounded by glorious bubbles all month, like Don Paterson says -


Poem - Don Paterson 

I want neither glory
nor that, in the memory
of men, my songs survive;
but still... those subtle worlds,
those weightless mother-of-pearl
soap-bubbles of mine... I just love
the way they set off, all tarted up
in sunburst and scarlet, hover
low in the blue sky, quiver,
then suddenly pop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!