Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Day 781: Harvest Moon

 'Let's go out and feel the night...'

Now if this song doesn't pass for poetry, I don't know what will! It certainly has all the trademarks: laden lyrics, memorable and affecting tone and tune (just listen to that harmonica!), even metaphor, that lends itself to an overall result of magic. 

I think this song, like no other poem, perfectly captures the romance and the meaning  behind the harvest moon. Enjoy.




Harvest Moon - Neil Young

Come a little bit closer
Hear what I have to say
Just like children sleepin'
We could dream this night away.

But there's a full moon risin'
Let's go dancin' in the light
We know where the music's playin'
Let's go out and feel the night.

Because I'm still in love with you
I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you
On this harvest moon.

When we were strangers
I watched you from afar
When we were lovers
I loved you with all my heart.

But now it's gettin' late
And the moon is climbin' high
I want to celebrate
See it shinin' in your eye.

Because I'm still in love with you
I want to see you dance again
Because I'm still in love with you
On this harvest moon.

1 comment:

  1. Got My Dream Car
    Hello everyone I’m Kimberly from Georgia. I’m so grateful to SAFEPORT CREDIT SPECIALIST for such wonderful work. I had three credit cards to which I pay my bills closely in most cases on due dates through pre-authorized debits. I also have a good mix of credit which is student loan but still have been deprived of a car loan. Although the majority of the negative items will be removed in a few months (about a year) time. I have a credit score of 482 with so many derogatory items that are from 3 years ago. I couldn't condole it anymore as most of my colleagues at work have their personal cars. I felt in despair most times considering my predicament. After a quick research of a credit specialist called SAFEPORT with numerous recommendations and that which my boyfriend Simon explained about with positive reviews and referrals. I contacted them explaining my problem. SAFEPORT CREDIT SPECIALIST came up with a resounding proposal and guaranteed my derogatory items wiped, reports and scores enhanced within 12 working days. With so much anxiety I waited and to my greatest surprise after 6 days my report was sound with positive trade lines posted on it including a revolving credit card, a 807 credit score and all negative reports were deleted. I got approved for a loan, got my car and most especially got myself together. I strongly recommend him for your credit fix. Email: safeportcreditspecialist@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!