Friday, 29 May 2015

Swallows Flight


Have you ever seen swallows in flight? They look so free, frolicking up there in the heights of sky, soaring through the expressive expanse of it. Like anchors unweighted.  I always think of them like the spirit in that way -  delighting in the berth of sky, free, at last. Sara Teasdale's lovely lyrical language captures this perfectly.


Deep In The Night - Sara Teasdale 

Deep in the night the cry of a swallow,
Under the stars he flew,
Keen as pain was his call to follow
Over the world to you.

Love in my heart is a cry forever
Lost as the swallow's flight,
Seeking for you and never, never
Stilled by the stars at night.







Swallows Flight - Sara Teasdale 

I love my hour of wind and light,
I love men's faces and their eyes,
I love my spirit's veering flight
Like swallows under evening skies.


2 comments:

  1. I am an avid reader who likes engaging content. That's why I am here. Your original views on this topic are refreshing and interesting. You've done a great job of expressing your views. Thank you.
    tu 95| call of duty| clicker heroes| strike force heroes 2| kitten cannon

    ReplyDelete

  2. With a Hotmail account, you can send and receive emails quickly and easily as well as login and use all Microsoft services.
    hotmail login | sign in to hotmail | recover hotmail password
    This is the game so players feel very fierce , adventurous . You try to join and play this game , you will feel great like.
    strike force heroes | strike force heroes 4
    happy wheels | tank trouble 2 | slitherio
    gun mayhem 2 | age of war | can your pet

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!