Monday 10 February 2014

Day 569: Two Cures for Love


Seeing as it's Valentine's this Friday, I'm going to post poems on the theme of love all week. (I dare not say 'love poems' as that has a regrettable cheesy ring to it.) But not to worry, the poems I have in mind will all have at least one of these things: wit, originality and genuine sentiment. 

Wendy Cope starts us off today, in her typical sarcastic and humorous style, with an abrupt couplet laying out the bare facts in regards to being 'cured' of love - the simple suggestion being that once you get to know the guy, you'll be cured. So much so you'll wonder what you ever saw in him in the first place! How often is this true ladies? Brilliant.



Two Cures for Love - Wendy Cope

1. Don't see him. Don't phone or write a letter.
2. The easy way: get to know him better.


2 comments:

  1. Has anyone ever thought of posting this poem on Facebook after being dumped by your boyfriend as a form of revenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words will not be enough for me to appreciate Doctor Abolo of Abolospell@gmail.com who lives in Africa, for the successful spells he has been casting for me, I have never trusted any anybody, the way I trust him. This great dr was the one that saved my marriage. If you use him, I promise, you will trust him too. Any spell he cast for me is 100%. I see results the very same day. He also cured me from a deadly virus (HSV), a virus I have known as a medical, it doesn’t have a cure, he cured a patient I introduced to him to get pregnant after 15 years of marriage. He has active herbal remedies for diseases, infections and viruses. you can get him via; Email: Abolospell@gmail.com or you may decide to send him a msg on whatsapp here +27743411428. thanks doctor you are the best.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!