Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Day 732: Starfish


Fascinating creatures aren't they?


Starfish - Mary Oliver

In the sea rocks,
in the stone pockets
under the tide’s lip,
in water dense as blindness

they slid
like sponges,
like too many thumbs.
I knew this, and what I wanted 

was to draw my hands back
from the water – what I wanted
was to be willing
to be afraid.

But I stayed there,
I crouched on the stone wall
while the sea poured its harsh song
through the sluices,

while I waited for the gritty lightning
of their touch, while I stared
down through the tide’s leaving
where sometimes I could see them –

their stubborn flesh
lounging on my knuckles.
What good does it do
to lie all day in the sun

loving what is easy?
It never grew easy,
but at last I grew peaceful:
all summer

my fear diminished
as they bloomed through the water
like flowers, like flecks
of an uncertain dream,

while I lay on the rocks, reaching
into the darkness, learning
little by little to love
our only world.


3 comments:

  1. Since using PINNACLE CREDIT SPECIALIST my credit has improved 110 points. They have been able to file disputes for all inaccuracies on all 3 of my credit reports and most have been amended in my favor. Pinnacle credit specialist is incredible and highly recommended. Email: pinnaclecreditspecialist@gmail.com or call +1 870-228-0322.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELON MUSK TESLA SCAM

    I lost $64,000 to a fake Tesla investment platform using deepfake Elon Musk videos and promises of 15% daily profits. It was devastating I couldn't even cover basic bills. A friend directed me to Jetwebhackers, and wow, they delivered!. They investigated the scammers, tracked everything, and recovered my full Bitcoin in just 72 hours. Professional, fast, and no upfront fees until success. If you've been hit by an Elon Musk Tesla crypto scam or similar fraud, contact them immediately don't wait and lose more!

    Email: Jetwebhackers@gmail.com

    WhatsApp: +1 (260) 228-9998

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are situations in life where unanswered questions can become overwhelming—whether you are dealing with suspected fraud, a complex personal matter, online impersonation, financial deception, or concerns about digital activity.

    THEIR professional private investigation and digital intelligence team provides confidential, discreet, and legally compliant investigative assistance designed to help clients establish the facts and make informed decisions.

    Their services may include private investigations, background research, digital forensics, online investigations, fraud and scam investigations, identity and impersonation investigations, evidence preservation, asset and information tracing, and assistance with legitimate account or fund-recovery matters (as well as crypto matters).

    Every case is approached with professionalism, confidentiality, and respect for privacy. Investigative methods are conducted only through lawful and authorized means, with appropriate consideration for applicable privacy and evidence requirements.

    Whether you need help understanding a suspicious situation, documenting potential wrongdoing, preserving digital evidence, or obtaining professional investigative guidance, their team is available to discuss your circumstances discreetly.

    They helped me out with my crypto recovery also thats why i can talk about their services in such manner

    Confidentiality. Professionalism. Evidence. Integrity.

    Email: REALCYBERHACKERS @ GMAIL COM
    WhatsApp: +1 773 823 8702

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!