Monday 21 October 2013

Day 458: Promise of Sky

Spirit of Flight ~ Josephine Wall

Head in the clouds, the sky's the limit, sky-high....

To me, sky means possibility, potential, the high horizons of hope. Therefore, I love this poem. Like a vista of blue sky opening out on the page!



Sky - William Stafford

I like you with nothing. Are you
what I was? What I will be?
I look out there by the hour,
so clear, so sure. I could
smile, or frown – still nothing.

Be my father, be my mother,
great sleep of blue; reach
far within me; open doors,
find whatever is hiding; invite it
for many clear days in the sun.

When I turn away I know
you are there. We won’t forget
each other: every look is a promise.
Others can’t tell what you say
when it’s the blue voice, when
you come to the window and look for me.

Your word arches over
the roof all day. I know it
within my bowed head, where
the other sky listens.
You will bring me
everything when the time comes.

2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!