Thursday 3 April 2014

Day 622: New Season


'From here I can go anywhere I choose.' 

I love how spring represents new beginnings. Clean slates, endless possibilities. And especially today, as it's my birthday and the beginning of an entirely new year.


New Season - Wendy Cope

No coats today. Buds bulge on chestnut trees,
and on the doorstep of a big, old house
a young man stands and plays his flute.

I watch the silver notes fly up
and circle in blue sky above the traffic,
travelling where they will.

And suddenly this paving-stone
midway between my front door and the bus stop
is a starting-point.

From here I can go anywhere I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! To leave a comment - comment as/sign in with your Google ID if you have one, or website or blog address, or if these don't apply, sign in as Anonymous, and leave your name if you like!